TO PROVIDE AN ATMOSPHERE CONDUCIVE TO APPROPRIATE USE OF ITS SERVICES AND FACILITIES, THE STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH THE LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS LISTED BELOW:
The DTU Library resources are available to:
- Those students who are enrolled in different courses undertaken by University.
- Those who are members of the Faculty and Non-Teaching staff of the Delhi Technological University.
- Those without direct connection with the University, on a written recommendation based on good personal knowledge and confirming their need and suitability for admission and approval of competent authorities.
HOW TO BECOME MEMBER
The teachers, Ph. D. scholars, Master’s level students, undergraduate students and other categories who are admitted through various Schools/ Departments of the University, will be given the membership facility by the Central Library. The application form for the library membership can be obtained from the Central Library or can be downloaded from University site. The application form duly recommended (signed and stamped) by the Dean Academic should be submitted to the Central Library of the University as per the entitlement for processing.
Other categories of members which include retired teachers, non-teaching staff, outsiders etc. are required to approach Central Library for registration.
Members should keep the library informed of any change of address, email address ,Telephone Numbers, class or subject of study during the period of their membership.
LIBRARY SERVICES AND FACILITIES
DTU Library offers following facilities and services;
- Library Membership Facility;
- Document Borrowing Facility;
- Text book Service(Book Bank),
- Reference, Referral and Information Service, and E-referencing;
- Reservation of books,
- Inter-Library Loan Service,
- Facility to browse reading materials in open access environment;
- Use of special collections wherever they are available,
- Use of Theses and Dissertation as per the conditions,
- Facility to research scholars,
- Assistance in the use of Electronic Resources,
- Bibliographical Services wherever they are available,
- Photocopying Service by adhering to the Copyright Provisions is available through the commercial vendors.
- Computer Print-out facility
- Facility of browsing Internet
- Facility of browsing CD ROM etc.
CONDITIONS OF LOAN
- All bonafide members are entitled to access electronic resources through user ID Password. User ID Password may be obtained from the library officer.
- However, bulk copying, systematic downloading or use of such electronic materials for commercial purposes and other such usages which are in violation to IPR rules or other relevant rules and regulations of the country, is strictly prohibited.
- Strict action will be taken, if any breach of law is discovered. The members have the privilege of direct access to the shelves in the stack halls and the freedom to browse books during specified hours subject to certain requirements of the library.
- The library books are for the benefit of not only the present but also the future members of the library. They should, therefore, be handled with every care and consideration.
It is important that the classified arrangement of books, according to the numbers, is maintained on the shelves for the convenience of the members themselves.
- The member is expected to return borrowed books on or before the due date.
- An overdue charge of Rs. 1/- per day per volume will be levied for the late return of books.
LOSS OF BOOKS OR LIBRARY TICKETS
- Neither books nor membership card be lent to another person.
- The member is responsible for the books borrowed on his / her library tickets.
- Loss of library book(s) or membership card must be reported in writing to the University Librarian immediately.